Monday, April 27, 2009

A Couple Of Thoughts


Labor and Pain: Oh. My. God. So, labor pain was WAY worse than I expected. Several people had told me that because I got horrible menstrual pains (like, put me in bed wanting to throw up pain) that labor wouldn't be that bad. I wish! Of course, my body went from zero to "baby time" in only a few hours so that might have had something to do with it. Thank God for epidurals!

Breastfeeding: Another painful experience. I understand now why a lot of women stop breastfeeding early on...it hurts! However, I just tell myself that #1 It gets easier (and has already) and #2 It is the BEST choice I could be making for my child. We've already started to even out in supply and demand.

Pee, Poop, Puke: Within the first week I had all of these on me at some point in time. He peed on me before he was even 24 hours old, puked on me a couple of days later, and before a week was up he had pooped on me. Funny thing is; I didn't care. Of course, when I was up at 5am a few days ago cleaning up baby puke it didn't bother me until after he was back asleep...only then did I realize "I don't handle puke very well" and got nauseated. (and then went to sleep) This kid can also pee like a fire hydrant! Like, to the point that diapers overflow (and that's after one pee) I seriously think his bladder holds more liquid than mine does...

Sleep: I had to look this word up to make sure I remembered what it meant. All I know is I'm not getting any...


We have our first doctors appointment on Wed. I'll update again after that!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for more pictures and maternal insight. I'm glad things are going well, and I know you'll get more sleep as he sleeps better. Before you know it he'll be sleeping through the night!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...