Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my beautiful son. :)

Sometimes I get nostagic because I didn't do something big with my life. I didn't become a model, I didn't finish the acting thing, I didn't get to go to medical school, I didn't travel the world (YET!), and I didn't get into the Air Force...

However...

I get to listen to baby giggles over the simplest things. I get to enjoy "hugs" and "kisses" (he doesn't "know" he's doing them but I take it anyway) I get to see his face light up when I come in after he wakes up from a nap.

That's when I realize that THIS is what I was meant to be doing; and THIS is where I'm supposed to be in life. Nothing is more fulfilling than watching my son grow up. Nothing warms my heart like thinking about him growing up and about us having more children. Being a doctor couldn't do that, being on stage (or back stage) didn't do that, and I'm sure that the Air Force wouldn't have either.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust the Lord with all your heart,
       and don't depend on your own understanding.
  Remember the Lord in all you do,
       and he will give you success.

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful!!! We are so blessed to get to stay home. I've ben a SAHM for 4 years and I can't imagine doing anything else with my life! Can I adapt your Thankful Thursdays for my blog? I need to add some praise to God mixed in with all my emotions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray for me, that I get to do that too one day soon...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...