I'll try to do better this week!
I'm going to just give out the rest of the steps for organizing under your sink...spread them out as you see fit.
- Get rid of things that don't belong. (This was covered in a previous post)
- Get rid of expired products.
- Almost everything has an expiration date. Vitamins are only good for so long. After they reach a certain age they stop being effective and, depending on the vitamin, can actually be dangerous. Same thing with anything containing chemicals (face creams, washes, soaps, etc...) Toss these items. I'm willing to bet that you'll throw away at least 5 items in the process.
- If you haven't used it in the past 6 months reevaluate if you need it or not. If it's been more than a year, toss it!
- This is a basic when you're decluttering. If you haven't used it in 6 months or more, you probably don't need it taking up space. The only exceptions are expensive products ($50 bottle of perfume that you only wear on special occasions) or products that you don't need right now (feminine products while you're pregnant or nursing)
- Utilize storage you have.
- Do you have a large bin that you can put all of your lotions in? Use it. Have a Rubbermaid that you can put all of your jewelry in? Use it. Large gift bag that a birthday/Christmas gift came in? I'm sure you can find a use for it.
- Make things easily accessable.
- Try to put the products you use most often toward the front of the space. That lotion you use daily goes in front of the lotion you use on special occasions.
That's it. Those are the steps. Try to do one a day. Send me your before and after photos and I'll put them up on the blog!