Monday, March 29, 2010

High Fructose Corn Syrup

I'm tired of the "it's just like sugar" commercials. It's not sugar...it's fructose. Fructose is highly processed. Highly processed food is BAD FOR YOU! America doesn't quite get this.

We're trying to phase out the HFCS from our diet. We're doing pretty well. All of the food we bought this weekend was free of it. There are only a few things left in the house that contain it...mostly my jam and a sleeve of Ritz Crackers. (Yep, CRACKERS...but I'll get into that)

I dare you to go and see how much of your kitchen is full of HFCS. Really, go for it. Look at EVERYTHING.



Cracker rant: As I've said before I can't have processed dairy. Add in that we're phasing out HFCS and that leaves us with almost NO choices. Crackers without dairy have HFCS and vice versa. It's crazy and quite frustrating.


Sorry I'm boring today. I spent last week with a teething baby (two teeth at the same freaking time) and it was my birthday on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...