Not my photo
I thought I'd do a step by step of one of the best, easy meals!
- 28 ounces fresh, ground spicy pork sausage
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 slice onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet, brown sausage and drain grease. Stir in rice, onion, garlic and peppers. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Pour into 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Or, at this step, you can cover and freeze it.
2 Pound of Sausage, browning
Assorted Veggies. You can chop them up...but I used my food processor! (The hubby doesn't like veggies all that much so I have to get them nearly pureed!)
Sausage, veggies, and rice!
Added the chicken stock and put it in the pan.
I forgot to take a picture of it finished...we were too excited about eating it!