Thursday, July 1, 2010

And The Winner Is...


ME!

That's right. I won the chili cook-off. My chili may now be referred to as "Award Winning."

The recipe is so simple:

1lb of ground beef
1 onion finely chopped (I almost pureed mine in the food processor)
1 can of Rotel tomatoes (tomatoes with chilis)
1 can of chili beans (or Ranch Style Beans)
1 can of tomato paste
Spices: Chili Powder, garlic powder, pepper (cayenne and black), salt, onion powder to taste.

Cook the meat and onion until cooked through. Add everything else. Simmer for several hours (I use my crock pot) If you need more liquid use a chicken or beef stock. You can also cook it the night before, refrigerate overnight (it helps everything fuse together) and then heat over low for dinner the next day.

Yep, simple and a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...