Sunday, July 4, 2010

I have to brag on my son

That's him helping me clean up his blocks.


My son is almost 15mo. He has such a great natural helpfulness about him. This is all him, too! Like, I nurture it and whatnot but I don't force him to help.

Examples: I taught him to help unload the dishwasher. He was always so interested in what I was doing and would grab flatware so I started saying, "Thank you, Franklin!" and reaching for it when he did. Now he will pick up one (or two) pieces of silverware (sharps removed, obviously) and hand them to me while I put them away. He recently started wanting to help with plates and whatnot as well (basically anything on the bottom shelf) He loves doing it so much that he will open the dishwasher repeatedly if there are dishes inside until you come help him.

I was putting away towels the other day and he walked in, saw what I was doing, and started picking them up to hand to me. This was totally new.

Just now DH was moving furniture back into place (we cleaned the carpet today) and DS came up and started to "help" push a larger piece. He had a huge grin on his face the whole time and just looked so proud of himself.

He also loves to share food. Like, if he's eating and notices that you don't have any (like if he's having a snack or starting dinner a bit early) he'll hold out a bite for you to have.


It's adorable. I hope this keeps up (or gets better!) for when the next little one gets here!

I just had to brag

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...