Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's . . . Clean


Thank you to my mother-in-law! She came and helped me get on top of my house again. That meant hours of laundry, numerous trips to the garbage, and enough vacuuming to seriously flatten some carpet.

Now it's up to me to keep it that way.

So, a few things that we came up with to help.

1) The bins with diapers are in the hall closet. Franklin can't pull them out if he can't see them!

2) The laundry is under control and I'm back to doing a load or so a day.

3) I made a list for Stefan and I with "Things to do before bed"
     - Dishes (unloaded if they're clean. Sink empty)
     - Floor picked up (toys up and laundry picked up)
     - Dryer empty (folded and put away)
     - Pick up trash (brief sweep of the room to throw away unnecessary crap)
     - Kitchen clean (wiped down and leftovers away)

4) We need to buy a little handheld vac thingy for small messes. Part of the reason things got let go was due to having to lug out the big vacuum each time.

5) We've started doing disposable plates more often. No, not good for the environment or anything...but it's good for my sanity.


So, my biggest piece of advice? Enlist some help and get on top of things! Get your family involved!

1 comment:

  1. Kas- I have to do that. I have to do a brief sweep of the house each night and make sure each of the things you list are done...pretty much same as mine anyway! I was thinking about suggesting it to you last night as I was doing it! I skip a night now and then, but for the most part I do it every night and it helps me feel better about things.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...