Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Toddler Update: 20 Months

That's right, he's a frog

A couple of weeks ago I posted a toddler update. I figured that I'd do another one since he's officially 20 months today. The previous stats will be in italics and the updates will be in bold.

Words he says:
- uh oh
- aww man!
- pe-ew (like something stinks)
- duh (dog)
- book
- booger
- mama
- dada
- good bye (when he thinks no one is listening)

- block (bah)
- milk (muh)
- HI!!!
- monkey (muh nuh)
- ball

He signs:
- more
- eat/want
- milk
- music
- bath
- shoes
- socks
- water
- go (like go out)
- love
- bed (bedtime) We're still working on this one...
- all done
- apple

- brush teeth
- bread

He can identify (when asked):
- yellow
- head
- ears
- belly
- penis (he kept pointing so we told him what it was called)
- fingers/hand
- toes
- nose (sometimes)
- booty (Daddy taught him this one)


- he can blow a kiss, give a real kiss, and a hug
- he also waves and says "bye bye" sometimes (it comes out "my my" which is adorable)

- I didn't realize it, but screwing lids on and off is apparently an advanced skill...he's been doing this for months now.
- He can stack 11 blocks high. He can probably stack more but he can't reach and the carpet won't allow for stacking. We'll try in the kitchen of the new house after we move.

He also understands "no" and can follow instructions like, "Give your bottle to Daddy" if he asks for milk and Daddy is in the kitchen.
The other day I told him "I'm going to open the stove and it's going to be hot. Can you stand back?" and he walked over to the safe spot I taught him (behind and out of the way) and stood and waited for my okay.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...