Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011 Thoughts and Goals

I started to do this and then got sick...and then moved...and then had a baby. So, 13 days into 2011:


1. Evaluate Your Walk with God in 2010 - Were you daily in God's word and in prayer? How can you improve your walk with God in 2011?

No. (Hey we're being honest) I'm going to participate in more Bible Studies (online when possible) and go to church more often!

2. Your Marriage - What is one word you'd use to describe your marriage in 2010? Easy, frustrating, growing, romantic, hard, strong, amazing. What is one thing you know your husband wishes you'd change in your life?
Forgiveness. No, I won't elaborate. The word I'm choosing for 2011 is Strength. I know my husband wishes I were more patient.


3. Your Children - What was a high point and a low point for each of your children in 2010? What is one thing that each of your children need from you in 2011?
High Point: All of the milestones reached in 2010! Low Point: We've hit a whining phase.
They both need more of my time and attention.

4. Health - What healthy habits did I maintain in 2010? What unhealthy habits did I create in 2010 that I need to change going into 2011?
We've been slowly changing the way we eat. I could use more exercise in my life (like, more than none)

5. Ministry - What ways did I use my talents for God in 2010? Pray about what God would have you do in 2011.
Does blogging count?

Theme word for 2011: Organize. I plan to organize my home (and keep it that way), my schedule (this means sticking to one), and my thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. You sound so much like me...probably like a lot of mammas. Good luck with your goals for the year...I've been trying to get organized for about 15 years, maybe this is the one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't made any new goals for 2011 and I didn't recently have a baby. So that is to encourage you that you are ahead of some of us in your planning. I loved looking at your home birth pictures & stuff. I haven't examined your blog closely which may then answer this question:
    Have you had a home birth before? I had two in the hospital and two at home. It is an amazing process, isn't it? Thanks for sharing it with the blog world. I am joining in on the company girl coffee but I am just "listening" today and visiting the blogs & commenting. There's nothing new on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen: This was my first homebirth. My first birth was in the hospital. I was on Medicaid with no extra income. It wasn't perfect (most of it was typical hospital stuff) but it wasn't traumatic or anything. AND I got a wonderful little boy out of it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...