Monday, January 17, 2011

Confessions Monday: My Diet

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (New Century Version) 

You should know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit who is in you. You have received the Holy Spirit from God. So you do not belong to yourselves, because you were bought by God for a price. So honor God with your bodies.

From here on out there will be a chance to participate in I Confess each Monday! Simply write a post confessing something that other parents can relate to and link up here! If you feel led, please include a relevant Bible Verse so we can be encouraged. Be sure and grab the I Confess Button to lead your readers back here!

What is my confession this week? My Diet!

I had planned on making several freezer meals for this month so we would have healthy food to eat...and then the baby came at 37 weeks. So, we ended up with 5 meals. What did I do? I sent my husband to the store with a list of "convenience" foods. (Think microwave burritos, chicken nuggets, etc...) We usually limit our intake of those foods, but these past few weeks I've been too tired to really care.

Don't get me wrong, Jonathan is a good sleeper (what other newborn sleeps in 3-4 hour stretches?) but giving birth takes a lot out of you. Also, just because the baby is sleeping doesn't mean that Mommy is sleeping! I wake up when he makes noise (I'm not used to his noises yet), I wake up to roll over or wiggle around, and I wake up to use the bathroom or get water.

So, my diet this past week was horrible. I'm not drinking enough water, I'm eating the Standard American amount of processed food, and I haven't wanted to cook.

Add in that my husband has started the 30 Days RAW diet (and blogs about it; check it out) and the guilt is starting to set in. (Heck, my SON is eating better than I am. He's eaten mostly fruits and veggies the past few days. He loves the raw food that Stefan brought home, too!)

That's my confession. What's yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...