Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dinner Tonight 1/15

Before I get into what *I* ate for dinner I want to tell you that my husband has bravely started 30 Days RAW again. This time we worked out finances so he can afford to do it the entire 30 days. He's really excited (and I am too...I'm just not going to attempt it this round) Please check out his blog by clicking on this link: http://stefan30days.blogspot.com/2011/01/im-back-baby-second-day-1.html
Be sure and comment as well!!!

Okay, all of the recipes I'll be doing for the next month will be simple things. It's only me and Franklin eating cooked food. Tonight I had chicken quarters (leg and thigh) that needed to be eaten. So, I experimented. I tried an easy "Southwest" Chicken.

You need:
- Chicken (Whatever cut you prefer)
- 1 Can of Tomatoes with Green Chile (RO*TEL style)
- 1 Can of Ranch Style Beans
- 1/2-1 cup Corn (frozen or canned)
- Cheese for topping
- optional: sour cream, olives, etc...

Instructions:
- Heat oven to 400F
- Lay chicken in pan
- Cover with other ingredients BUT NOT CHEESE (drain cans before adding)
- Bake, covered, until chicken is cooked through (time depends on your cut of chicken)
- Top with cheese (and optional ingredients if you choose) and serve

Easy!




Excuse the horrible photo...I had a hungry baby screaming for me! You get the idea, though.

Got a great recipe to share? Tell us about it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...