Wednesday, January 19, 2011

East to West?


 I was thinking about this Scripture recently. My thoughts went to the more technical aspect of it...mainly the question of why "east from west?" Why did the writer choose those words specifically?

 I wasn't sure so I turned to the person I usually turn to for this kind of question: My husband. He's one of the most brilliant people I know and he usually knows the answer to these things. This time was no different!

 He pointed out that when you're walking North eventually you'll hit a pole and start going South. However, if you start walking East you'll always be walking East unless you turn around and start walking West. So, the choice of "east from west" is because they will never meet. There is no "West Pole" or anything. There is no place in the world where they come together. 

 I like to use little analogies to simplify thoughts. Think about it like this: Think about your sins like a bad TV program. (Bad in the sense of horrible ratings) God canceled it and there are no reruns. As far as He's concerned the show is over forever. However, you have it recorded. Satan comes along and constantly reminds you of the recording and hits play when you least expect it. YOU have the choice to delete it and forget it exists (like God already did). Only you can delete it because you hold the password. So why don't you? 

 I know I'm horrible about this one! Not only do I allow Satan to come in and push Play, but I grab a bag of popcorn and settle in to watch! I beat myself up about things that have been forgiven (by all parties involved) constantly. So, this Scripture hits home for me and the Challenge I offer is for me as well.

Challenge: Make a conscious effort to tell Satan to BACK OFF the next time he tries to remind you of a sin God forgave. 

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Thats one of my favorite verses! I love how God loves us! Beautiful post!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great WFW post!
    The song by Casting Crowns
    East to West keeps playing in my head.... watch video here:
    http://youtu.be/s6zdihmwy1M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this! Your analogy is amazing! And your husband's observation... Wow! Both sent my brain spinning! :) I'm going to remember these. We have a choice to stop the bad show and instead turn on the TV show that is true-- what God says about us!

    Thank you so much, this is really helpful information and I'm definitely going to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Amen,what an inspiring and encouraging post, i love the way your husband explains the "East from West" thing, it's comforting to know that our sins has been forgiven and cancelled.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...