Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gratituesday

It's Tuesday and I'm linking up to Heavenly Homemakers!

Today I'm grateful for my wonderful births! The first was a hospital birth. Granted, it wasn't perfect but it could have been worse. The second was a great homebirth.

Recently I went to a fun get-together where birth stories were shared. There were many happy stories and a few sad/disappointed ones. (They all ended with healthy babies so they're all success stories in my mind) I found myself silently thanking God that my births were good. I could have ended up with a huge tear or an unwanted c-section or my baby sent to NICU or kept from me for some reason. I didn't. My tear with Franklin needed stitches but wasn't horrible and healed fine and I barely tore with Jonathan. The only time Franklin was kept from me was when they did the "newborn assessment" (I was numb from the waist down and couldn't go) and when they circumcised him. Jonathan was never taken from me. I was able to breastfeed both immediately. We had no trouble bonding in either case. There was no birth trauma.

And I got two wonderful boys out of it!
You can tell they're brothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...