Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Full of Fail

I'm linking up today!



So this week I've been full of fail as far as my diet is concerned. I'm back on sugar and been eating a LOT of junk food! I also haven't exercised much...FAIL.

I will say that I have future blogs planned for my sugar fiasco. There's no coincidence that my scalp is irritated and Jonathan and I have thrush since I've gone back on processed sugar. ugh. It's horrible. I also swear I've put on 10lbs this week. I'm all bloated.

Something I did do: I bought some of those Trim Step Fitness Shoes from Target. I didn't buy them because they make exercise easy! Honestly, I have really high arches so it's tough to find shoes that support my feet properly. I end up having to put inserts in every pair of shoes...except these! They have arch support. I've worn them several days now (and done plenty of walking) and I can feel that they actually work. I've always been skeptical but I'm sold. I wake up each day with my butt and legs a bit sore from the day before. Bonus: They're on sale at Target right now!

Starting next week I'm back off of processed sugar (just honey, stevia, and maple syrup here!) and I'm going to make it a point to do SOMETHING every day. Hopefully I'll be able to do yoga and something else (an ab workout for example). I also try to play with my toddler when the baby naps and it's usually something active like dancing. A friend asked if I do anything for strength: I don't do anything official. However, I have a baby (almost 15lbs) and a toddler (almost 30lbs) and I hold them frequently so I think that counts for something!

Mostly, I could care less about numbers (I'm an eating disorder survivor so I don't ever really know what the numbers are...) I mostly want to be in better shape! I'd like to eventually take up jogging (when Jonathan gets old enough to leave with Daddy!)

3 comments:

  1. I've always wondered if those type of shoes, any brand, actually work. I see people wear them sometimes at the gym. Glad to hear you like them!

    What benefits did you see from cutting the processed sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try those shoes.

    New follower from the hop.
    Hope you can hop by and visit me:'
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie: Mostly I felt better and didn't feel as bloated. Plus it's a "I can do this" kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...