Friday, March 11, 2011

Getting Fit Link Up

I'm participating in the  Fitness Friday/Fab Friends Friday link up going on at For The Love Of Blogs! Today we're sharing our fitness plans and goals.

Right now breastfeeding is burning a ton of my calories. However, burning calories alone doesn't help with, well, anything fitness related...all it does is facilitate weight loss. I can't lose more than a pound a week or I'll hurt my supply AND I rarely get more than 20mins by myself during the day so my exercise plans are sort of limited.

There's an app that I need to re-download for my phone that's a short Abdominal Workout. It's a 5 minute (I think) series of non stop ab exercises designed to target your entire abdominal area. (Because crunches alone isn't enough. There are a lot of different muscles in that area!)

I also searched for "yoga" on Hulu and there's an entire channel devoted to it. Each video is a different length and there are varying levels of exercise. The other day I did 20 of Yoga Basics. Yoga is awesome because it's a full body sort of thing. It's not just about stretching! It also tones your muscles! (Don't believe me? Try the video I did by clinking on the link.) If you don't have Hulu access you can search in YouTube and find short exercises.


My goal is to do SOMETHING every day. Even if that's just dance around with my toddler for 10 minutes. I'd like to do abs a few times a week (that's the area most affected after my pregnancy) and yoga daily...but there isn't always time.

Care to share some of your fitness goals? It's not too late to get a start on doing something extra this Lent!






3 comments:

  1. Hey there..stopping by FTLOB..I am doing Get Fit as well..so pop on by my blog.

    If you can get 20 mins in each day you could do a good work out. Abs, squats, lunges, push ups, burpee's..and yes yoga (gosh it is a good work out hey!)!!

    Hope you have a great week,
    Vanessa

    www.grooveygrover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I love your blog and your ideas thanks so much for sharing girl :) God Bless!
    Donna Fuson
    http://donnafuson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga is definitely a workout! Thanks for sharing the Hulu channel. I've wanted to get into yoga, but livewell doesn't offer a class. I've been more active since being single again, and I've lost 20 lbs and gone from an 18 to a 14. Do you do any kind of strength training besides yoga? I'm trying to figure out what strength training is good for starting out to tone. By the way, I like these link ups you do! Makes me almost itch to start a blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...