Thursday, March 17, 2011

Raw Chocolate Milk

Another Link Up!




I'm sharing my husband's recipe for RAW chocolate milk.

- 2c raw milk
- 2Tblsp raw cacao powder
- large dollop of raw honey
- 1 egg (raw lol)
- 1 banana
- dash each: ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt

Run through a blender until smooth.

You get LOTS of protein with this (milk, egg, cacao powder) as well as healthy sugars (honey!). The milk and egg also supply good fats. Stefan does this first thing in the morning and it keeps him full until lunch. It's an awesome "on the go" breakfast.

Head on over to For The Love Of Blogs (click the button above) and share a drink recipe!

5 comments:

  1. I am following you (suelee1998) from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you please follow me back? http://susansdisneyfamily.blogspot.com/
    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, not going to lie, I don't know about the sound of all the raw ingredients. But I do love me some chocolate milk! lol.
    Stopped over from FTLOB hop, have a good one!
    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. mm, that sounds delicious... (honestly, lol!) i would try it! raw egg scares me though. what kind of eggs do y'all use? do you sanitize them before cracking them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've never worried about the eggs. The actual risk of infection is really minimal...and you can make it without the egg. It just adds extra protein!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Stopping by from FTLOB. I love chocolate milk, this really gives it a little kick. Chocolate milk on steroids :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...