We went to Arizona to let the boys visit their great grandparents. It was fun. I have lots of photos to put up. (Don't worry, rest of the family, your visit is coming. This one was a HUGE trip so we had to plan it out way in advance.)
I had some thoughts while on vacation I wanted to share:
- It's interesting to drive next to the boarder (between the US and Mexico) and see the vast difference in living on either side.
- While I was irritated at having to slow down for Boarder Patrol to check cars (the baby started screaming when the car stopped moving) I am glad that they're checking cars...
- At night, when you're exhausted, walking into the hotel without shoes is a fine idea. However, walking OUT with no shoes the next day feels like a walk of shame.
- Every mall should have a kids play area. Even just a little one.
- Now I want a dog.
- You know you're in the middle of NOWHERE when you push "seek" on the radio and it just keeps spinning...
- I need to stock and carry a first aid kid...
- Now I know why parents give kids Nyquil before long trips.
- If you're driving in West Texas and come to a gas station you should stop and get gas...even if you "think you can make it." We were down to a gallon before we found somewhere to stop. Some families weren't as lucky.