Thursday, April 14, 2011

Every Little Bit Counts

I found the Dance and Be Fit channel of Hulu yesterday. Today I tried the Brazilian Dance Workout. My thoughts are as follows:

1) I felt like a total dork. These women are graceful. Obviously they're going to choose people that are ACTUALLY GOOD AT IT to demonstrate. Trust me, you did NOT want to see me doing it.

2) It was really fun. Franklin liked watching me and even mimicked me a few times.

3) I only got through 15mins of it (that's including the brief warmup) so I don't FEEL like I did a good workout...However, every little bit counts. And I can't really talk about what feels like a good workout. If I'm not dying on the floor afterwards I don't feel like I've done anything (it's a leftover from my eating disorder days...I'm working on that)

I thought about eating a sandwich...and then I thought about a hotdog...and THEN I saw my homemade yogurt. So, I went with yogurt with honey and strawberries! It was light but filling and didn't have the guilt attached like a hotdog.


Basically, I want to try to inject exercise into my day. I found a way to do it through DANCE so I can include Franklin. I want my kids to see a healthy attitude toward weight loss and exercise! I also know that, even though my husband finds me attractive, I will feel better if I tone up a bit. Plus, I hate feeling so out of shape. It wasn't too many years ago that I was in excellent shape. I'd like to get back there...or close to it. (I'm not 18 anymore, guys...I'm 24! That's now "mid 20's")

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...