Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Meals for the Week 4/12 - 4/16

According to my husband (who is an avid news reader) if the government doesn't raise the debt ceiling they can default on their debts and the military won't get paid. Now, we get paid once a month (which is our choice and awesome) so we're fine for the rest of the month. We have quite a bit in savings so we'd also be good through May....and possibly into June. Now, I doubt it will come to that. However, I'm trying to cut back NOW until we know what's up.

For our regular budget I have $75 a week left for groceries for the rest of the month. I spent $25 today and we shouldn't have to spend more than $10-$20 the rest of the week. (We shall see!)

One thing I did was go through my freezer last night and list all of the meat in the freezer. My goal is to go as long as possible without buying meat (because it's expensive). Currently, we can go 2 weeks! Well, I'd like to buy a pound of ground beef for next week just for variety (because it comes down to fish and chicken for next week)

This week's "try it" food is Quinoa. Expensive little thing...but good for you and filling.


Tuesday:
 Hamburgers with Quinoa and Black Beans.

Wednesday:
 Pasta with a Garlic Cream Sauce (with chicken added)

Thursday:
  simple salmon kedgeree
(It's at the bottom of the page)

Friday: 
Steak Stir Fry with Quinoa


Saturday: 
Fish Tacos (possibly with Quinoa)






Oh, and a bit of news, I'll be doing my first Giveaway in a couple of weeks! So keep watching the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...