Monday, April 25, 2011

Tot School - The Letter "A"

This week I was prepared and we learned the letter "A."

I don't have a printer so I'm having to make all of these worksheets myself. It's not so bad. Each day I drew something that started with "A" (Airplane, ant, arrow, apple, angel) and did a few sheets with the letter on them in different ways. I did a big "A" to color and then others with it written in different sizes or written inside shapes. Mostly, I just wanted the letter in his face all week long.

(We even put cutout letters on the fridge)

By WEDNESDAY he could identify "A" and say several words that we covered this week!

Here are some photos of our week:



The "A" on the right? I didn't direct him to put the stickers that specifically...he decided all on his own!

We put cheerios on an "A" using honey. I put the paper in a plastic bag.


Leave it to a boy to use a random stick as a weapon! :)




Next we're going to cover the letter "B". He's teething so we'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love how you made this work for YOU! Way to go without a printer, I am impressed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea about the honey & cheerio's...but I'm not sure how many of my daughter's would actually get on the paper instead of in her mouth haha http://wamumma.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/a-for-apple-sorting-pom-poms.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...