Thursday, April 7, 2011

When You Don't Feel Like A Warrior

As I stated in a previous post I'm not doing so well with this prayer challenge. However, there was a story on an old episode of Home Improvement that made me think...(I know, a sitcom having something worthwhile is a strange concept nowadays!) A little boy needed to buy a gift for his teacher and didn't know what to get her. So, he traveled many days on foot to the beach and scooped up a jar of sand. When he presented it to her it appeared to be just plain sand. She asked why he went to so much trouble. He replied, "The journey is part of the gift."

I also did a post on my son holding me accountable. I realized that, even though I haven't been successful in praying 10 times a day, I HAVE been successful in reintroducing prayer into my life and introducing it into my son's life. This month is not about the destination. If I get to the end of the month having prayed every prayer in the book and then some but haven't felt a change in myself or touched my son's life then what was the point? However, if I struggle but, at the end of the month, can say "This changed my family for the better" isn't that what God wants?

So this month I will fail. I will fall short of my goals. I will take steps backwards. But that's okay. My God loves me anyway.

He was sharing his pipecleaner headband.

5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL girl!

    That's EXACTLY the point of this challenge! You're getting it and God is working and He cares a whole lot less about how many times you pray than He does about what's happening in your heart.

    Amen!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The journey is part of the gift." That is a good reminder. With little ones it is tough to get 10 separate times... I have been lumping mine together morning and evening. The point is that we are getting on our knees right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from 21 Days for Sons. I loved the sand story. I am a beach girl...lived near the beach for 30 of my years on this earth. Journey...that says it all. Bit (((HUGS)))!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not feeling much like a warrior either, but love that "the journey is part of the gift"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! I just read another link up person's post who kind of said the same thing. Here's the link to hers http://mamaworkinprogress.blogspot.com/2011/04/weekend-word-honest.html

    Read my comment on hers, as I think it goes really well with yours, too. Also, I love your take on the whole thing. That's something I have come to realize and be freed by in all of life. Many things we would like to do and intend to do with all of our heart just don't quite go as planned. Rather than feeling like failures, we need to remember that our lesson may not have been in the completion and/or perfection of the project...but in the journey.

    Thanks so much for your words!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...