Wednesday, June 8, 2011

21 Days: Obedience

Good Morning Fellow Prayer Warriors!

Before I begin I know that some of you are working out of a different edition of the book. The first Edition begins with Obedience and the second with Heart Change. I still have the first edition (and many of you do as well) so I hope it's okay that we work from that...If that changes I'll let you know.

So today we're talking about obedience. This is a tough subject for anyone, especially when you consider that Jesus said:Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”
One of the ways we show our love for Jesus by obeying Him.

This subject is something we, of course, struggle with in our house. I mean, I DO have a two year old. Not only that, but he's a 2 year old with sensory issues. So a lot of his disobedience isn't out of malice...it's because he's seeking something that he needs. When he needs that deep touch he starts jumping on the couch and crashing off of it. When I tell him to stop or try to distract him it doesn't work because he's compelled to do it. Much like someone with OCD is compelled to touch fenceposts or wash their hands. He's going to keep doing it until he gets what he needs. My son is the one at the zoo that's running his hands along the bushes as he walks. It's tough because things that may look like disobedience are actually his way of asking for help.

So today I want you to pray for obedience. You don't have to pray 10 times during the day. You can do half in the morning or half in the evening or ALL in the evening or whatever works for YOU. The only rule is to PRAY!

I wanted to share something that I did to help me. I read a book where a mom would put prayers in her pocket and pull them out when she got stressed. (Apparently she put her hands in her pocket during times of stress) I go in the kitchen A LOT. So I wrote down several inspirational Scripture and printed off the prayers for the day and put them in this vase. All I have to do is pull one out and say a quick prayer. Each prayer doesn't have to be an hour long. God wants us to pray without ceasing, right? Well, it's hard to pray without ceasing and get things done if each prayer is a huge ordeal. Grab a Scripture and pray as you make lunch, pray tonight while giving baths, pray as you fall asleep. JUST PRAY!

I'm so glad that you're sharing this with me! Keep us updated on how you're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...