Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fitness in June II

I've been trying to stay on top of my exercise and whatnot. I do pretty well. I've also been tracking my calories. I've started doing this again for 2 reasons.

1) I need to eat a minimum of 1800 calories a day for breastfeeding purposes.

2) It's really interesting.

Let's talk about number 2 for a moment. Seriously, when you start watching calories you find out a lot of interesting things about food. Like, a couple of Oreo Cookies and a glass of milk is about 200 calories...and not very filling. OR a two egg omelet with avocado is about 200 calories and keeps you full for hours. I've really started watching my food choices. Like, I *could* eat the cookies and be hungry in 20 minutes or I could eat something more nutrient dense and actually do my body some good.

I can't show photos yet (because I promised myself I wouldn't take the "after" pics until the end of the month...so another week!) but I'm losing inches. My hips are slimming out! It's so exciting.


This morning I took the kids on a walk (meaning, I walked while wearing the baby and pushing the toddler in the stroller) Now, I have a set path that I walk. There's a point about 5mins in where I have a choice. I can go left and only walk 5 more minutes OR I can go right and go 15 more minutes. On days when I kind of don't want to walk I make myself get to that point. Last week I felt icky so I went left. Today, however, I hit that point and could feel my body changing and going into the aerobic mode. So, I went right. My goal is to work out two more times today...we'll see!

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing if you really look at what your putting into your body. My wife and I have been trying to eat even healthier than we used to. By watching everything as carefully as we do I've managed to lose 26lbs, just through eating! Great site you have. Found it today for the first time. I'll be back to read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, I'm your newest follower from blog hop. Please follow back http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Follower from FTLOB Get Fit...

    Karma Kristin
    http://karmakristin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, new follower #42. Found you through FTLOB blog hop. Can't wait to look around read more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...