Friday, July 8, 2011

Recipe Experiment: Mexican Chicken with Roasted Veggies

No pictures...sorry. We were HUNGRY!

I chopped several veggies. Onion, bell pepper, zucchini, eggplant, avocado, tomato, and carrot.
I mixed some balsamic vinegar, raw soy sauce, Dijon, garlic powder, dash of cayenne, pepper, and a dash of chili powder. (Do it to taste)
I put the chopped veggies in a bag and poured the mixture over and covered the veggies. Pop them into a 450F oven for 35 minutes and stir once.

Earlier in the day I put a tomatillo, a handful of cherry tomatoes (seriously, a handful), onion, a splash of chicken broth, and some Mexican seasonings in a blender.
I skinned chicken thighs and put it all in a bag to marinade during the day.
I coarsely chopped some green onion and cooked it all in a pan (with the juices) until the chicken was cooked through (I added more broth at one point...that's up to you)


It was honestly easy! More experiments to come!!!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...