Thursday, July 7, 2011

This Love is Free

One of the neatest conversations I had as a teenager was with my mom and brother in some little restaurant. I can't remember how we got on the topic, but we were discussing Love. Every "love" we put out for discussion had some sort of stipulation attached.

You can't love your husband if you never meet him.

You can't love your kids if you never have them.

You can't love your mom if you're never born.

And so the conversation went. You wouldn't think that a topic like this could keep everyone's interest for a long time, but it filled time until the food came.

There was one kind of love that we decided was, in fact, totally free.

God's Love.

He loves us no matter what. He loved us before we were born. There are NO stipulations attached. No rules. Nothing.

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...