This week we're going to focus on your butt! But I'm not going to tell you to do squats. You're going to do a Hip-Lift Progression
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Lift your hips toward the ceiling. Hold for 1 count, and then lower back down.
- Repeat the lifts for 60 seconds, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings at the top of the range of motion. Be careful not to overarch your spine.
- To make this exercise more difficult, extend one leg at the top of the lift. Keep your thighs parallel and hold the lifted position for about 5 seconds.
- Keeping your hips up, place your foot back on the floor and then lower your hips.
- Repeat this exercise for 30 seconds; switch sides and do the move for another 30 seconds on the other leg.
I want you to do this move AT LEAST 3 TIMES this week! If enough people participate maybe next month we'll turn this segment into a competition of some kind...
So, are you in?