Friday, November 4, 2011

Last night's low starch dinner!

Dinner was anything but boring last night!

camera phone

I'll break it down. (Yes, I understand that I do NOT sound cool when I say that)

Porkchops: Butterflied and cut in half (so two butterflied chops makes 4 little ones) I seasoned them with salt, pepper, oregano, and curry (the last on one side). The curry was on a whim but it was really good! I just pan seared them over medium heat. Keep the lid on the pan and it cooks faster. I took them off when the inside reached 165F.

Steamed Broccoli: That's pretty much it. I did end up adding a bit of cheese to it...

Quinoa Stir Fry: This is the fun one. First I put the quinoa on to start cooking. Then, I chopped up bacon into small pieces. I don't know how many strips I used...it was leftover and a lot. I fried that in another pan until it was nice and crispy. When that was done I added chopped mushrooms to the mix and cooked for a few minutes. Add some frozen corn (again, as much or as little as you want...I just did it for color so I didn't do a lot). When that's heated add half a can of black beans. I rinsed them before throwing them in there. Season with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic to taste. When the quinoa is done add that in and stir fry until well mixed. Adjust seasonings if necessary.

Done. Dinner took 20-30mins. It was low starch, high protein, and REALLY filling. Everyone loved it! Yes, that includes both of my boys!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...