Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Be Still And Know... (repost)

I know, another repost!

There will be several because I loved them when I wrote them last year...


My sweet boy

The verse that is on my mind today is Psalm 46:10a Be still and know that I am God.

Why that verse? Mothers of toddlers (I'm willing to bet especially mothers of BOYS) will get it quickly.

We want our children to know God. We want them raised to know that they have a wonderful Heavenly Father that sent his Son to die for their sins. The verse I've chosen is very specific in the manner of knowing God: Be still.

As a mother of a toddler boy (with another boy on the way) I have to laugh a little bit. (It's okay to laugh when you read the Bible right?) My son is very rarely STILL. Even when he's not actively running around tearing the house down he's still moving. He's always busy. The only time this child is STILL is when he's sleeping...and sometimes not even then! As a result, I often forget to be be still.

New Year's Challenge: Create a time of stillness to commune with God. Even if it's just prayer time before bed. All of us need to have that time. We should begin developing this habit before the new baby gets here!

Will you accept the challenge? How are you "still" to hear God?

1 comment:

  1. We have 3 toddlers (girls) but stillness, not happening often here, hehe! But I agree, we need to make time to be still !

    thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...