Friday, January 27, 2012

Book Club Friday

I'm linking up with Undercover Blonde today!



Right now I'm reading


Raising Your Spirited Child: A Guide for Parents Whose Child Is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, Energetic

If your child is wild, energetic, busy, screams a lot, never stops, constantly disobedient, loud, etc... YOU NEED THIS BOOK.
I'm learning so much about my kids (yes, both) and myself. I've realized that part of the reason I react so strongly to Franklin is we both have the *intense* characteristic. Think about it like this: When you put two pieces of dynamite together and only light ONE they both go off. Same thing with me and Franklin. We're both dynamite waiting for a spark. So when he goes off it sets me off and, well, sometimes things don't go so well. I yell, he yells, we both scream and cry and nothing gets accomplished.

I borrowed it from the library but I'm definitely putting it in my personal collection!

What did you read this week? Link up!!

3 comments:

  1. This book may be in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like me and my son. We are so much alike in good ways and bad, its scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I am a new GFC follower. I found you on a blog hop. I would love for you to stop by my blog and follow me back please. Thank you very much!
    http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...