Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Are You Forgiving?

I'm doing the Good Morning Girls study on Ephesians. I'm in a Facebook group with some AWESOME ladies!

Today's verse was: Eph. 4:4-6 "There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

We ended up talking about the parable of the unforgiving servant in Matthew 18: 23-35. Basically, a servant is called in to his lord because he owes money. He BEGS to be given more time and the lord has compassion and forgives his debt. This servant immediately goes and starts demanding money from a fellow servant that owes him. (And, for the record, the debt is significantly smaller) The lord finds out and is livid and has the man thrown in jail. The lesson is basically: Forgive others if you expect to be forgiven.

For me this speaks a lot of marriage.

My husband has forgiven a lot. I have a troubled past and I'm not perfect (there are days I'm so far from it that it's ridiculous). But he forgives me. So, if my husband can forgive me what kind of person am I if I can't forgive others?

Even moreso, if GOD can forgive me...and He's a lot more jealous and picky than my husband...what kind of example am I setting if I can't forgive others? If I refuse to forgive someone am I reflecting Christ?

I struggle with this with my children. My toddler, especially today, has been troublesome.



He's a typical toddler. He doesn't listen, he yells back at me, he throws things, he plays rough, etc... I have to remember (remind myself) that he lives in the moment. So, when he throws something and gets disciplined he's over it 5mins later even if *I'M* not over it.

But isn't it like that with God? Scripture tells us that time means nothing to God. So what feels like an eternity for me is like a fingersnap for God. When I'm dwelling on something God may be saying "Forgive and move on."

Linking up!




1 comment:

  1. oh the toddler days! I'm currently homeschooling 3 boys - the oldest is 10, youngest is 6 - so I've seen it all :) Yes, I often view God as my loving Father just sitting up in heaven shaking His head at me (lovingly) wondering when I'll come around! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...