Friday, February 24, 2012

What Are You Saying To God?

One of the blogs I follow on Facebook wrote today about grumbling to God. I encourage you to go and read the post because it is REALLY GOOD and very convicting!

The Scriptures she references are:

Acts 3:8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
and
Col 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

Everything we do should be to praise God. Yes, even scrubbing toilets and picking up toys.

I realized I complain a lot...a lot more than I should.

I feel like God called me to be a stay at home wife and mother. So, each time I complain and say "I CAN'T DO THIS!" I'm basically telling God "You made a mistake."

God doesn't make mistakes. Everything is in His hands. He called me to do this for a reason. Even if it doesn't make sense to ME it makes sense to HIM and that's all that matters.


Challenge: The next time you feel a complaint coming on say "Thank you" instead. Seriously. Even if you don't mean it at first (it will probably come out in a sarcastic tone) do it anyway. Thank God for the toilet you're scrubbing, for the dishes you're washing, for the screaming children...If He brings you to it He'll bring you through it!

UPDATE!
I did this on Friday when I was trying to get the kids dressed. Clothes (clean) were everywhere and I had trouble finding kid pants. Instead of complaining I remembered this post, paused, and said "Thank you Lord for giving us so many clothes that I have trouble sorting through them. Thank you for the space in the house to spread clothes everywhere. Thank you for my (then screaming) children." I don't know it humbled me...but it gave me something else to focus on for a brief moment.

Linking up

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...