Tuesday, July 10, 2012

House Cleaning Schedule!



'Clean Up or You're Out! :Brooklyn Street Sign' photo (c) 2010, emilydickinsonridesabmx - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ Recently I developed my own house cleaning schedule. I got tired of living in disarray...It was driving me crazy.

Step one was I got on top of laundry! I seriously spent a day doing nothing but laundry. I didn't do anything else. I washed, dried, folded, and put away...all day long. It was a terrible day BUT it all got done.



The actual Schedule is as follows:

DAILY
- Laundry (1-2 loads....I'm serious)
- Dishes
- General Tidy (normally the kitchen with this one)
- Inventory food and add to shopping list
- Vacuum Living Room (it's high traffic here)

MONDAY: BATHROOMS
- Wipe tub (if you wipe it often enough you don't have to scour it!)
- Spray and wipe shower
- Clear counters
- Wipe counters and sink
- Wipe toilet (we have some of those Kaboom cleaners so the bowl stays pretty clean!)
- Pick up floor

TUESDAY: BEDROOM/LIVING ROOM
- Every 2 weeks wash sheets (some people do this more often but every 2 weeks works for me)
- Every 2 weeks wash comforters (do this on the week you're not washing sheets)
- Pick up floor
- Dust
- Gather trash
- Gather laundry
- Make beds

WEDNESDAY: KITCHEN/TRASH/DINING ROOM
- Gather trash throughout house
- Clean out fridge
- Scrub sink
- Clear/scrub counters
- Wipe cabinets
- Sweep
- Clear/wipe table
- Wipe chairs
- Wipe handles on appliances
- Trash out to can

THURSDAY: FLOORS
- Scrub (or at least spot scrub) kitchen/dining floor
- Vacuum all rooms
- Spot clean carpet if possible

FRIDAY: PROJECT DAY!
A project is anything you can work on in small bites throughout the day. Things like
- Cleaning out a closet
- Organizing cabinets
- Organizing boxes
- Going through clothing
Etc...

SATURDAY: ERRAND/FAMILY DAY
This is the day we do all of our shopping and do something fun if possible (like the zoo or park)

SUNDAY: CHURCH/REST/ERRANDS
If you've kept up with your schedule you should be able to do the basics and then RELAX!!


What do you think? Do you have a cleaning schedule?


Linking up





7 comments:

  1. Well, the schedule is quite proper and precise. I think that I will follow the house cleaning schedule which was given here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always trying to figure out a good house cleaning schedule. If I ever get where I am not a working mom, I hope to really get a good schedule going so I can get my house much cleaner than it currently is.

    www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some house cleaning activities that take up loads of time, like the laundry. I think it will be best not to let your dirty clothes pile up. If possible, make two laundry schedules in a week, so you will not be overwhelmed by the amount dirty clothes. But it looks like your schedule has already been set. I’m sure you can have a clean, laundry-free house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Amazing... Since I am a working mom, I just couldn't take all of this as your schedule above... But sooner I want to experience them, doing all of them in a week... And maybe make my own schedule!! Thanks..

    Cleaners East London

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kasondra, Wonderful information you have provided. It do help me a lot. And it has given me satisfaction of everything that i saw in this site. Thanks and be back soon!house cleaning vancouver

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the schedule is best for cleaning.I am also follow the house cleaning schedule which was given here.


    Ottawa cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Housecleaning is the systematic process of making a home neat and clean in around that arrange. It is done to make the home look better and be safer.
    House Cleaning London

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...