Monday, February 25, 2013

Medicated American...and Proud.

I have officially been a Medicated American for over a month now.

And I'm darn proud of it.

My anxiety is much more manageable. Yes, I still get overwhelmed but I hear that's normal. I don't get overwhelmed and then spiral into a vast pit of despair. I don't freak out when the kids freak out. I haven't had chest pains in WEEKS.

My dreams are WEIRD but that's okay. I've gotten a few creative plots written down for future use thanks to odd dream sequences. My creativity is back up.

I only had a few weeks of adjustment issues. For about 2 weeks everything tasted bland. I think that was the one symptom I wasn't prepared to handle. I could only eat spicy things for that period...and then I got my wisdom teeth removed shortly thereafter. It's been a funny time diet wise.

My PMDD hasn't been as bad this month. I'm only symptomatic a few days before starting my cycle as opposed to the usual 10. 3-4 days of a short temper and junk food cravings? Totally tolerable!


I know a lot of people disagree with medication...but it is one of the best decisions I've made lately. I feel like a better parent. I can ACTUALLY PARENT instead of just reacting to my surroundings. It's wonderful. I feel wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...