Friday, March 1, 2013

Dear Children

My Dearest Children,

I love you. I really do...but there are a few things you need to know.

1) I don't like it when your face is so close to mine.


No really, I can see how sad you are without you getting 2 inches away. Getting nose to nose with me will NOT make me suddenly give in to your demands. I love you SO MUCH but I can love you and cuddle you with a few inches of space after a sweet baby kiss.


2) I'm not trying to ruin all of your fun in life.


The FEW rules that I have are usually for safety. I know it's super fun to scale the dresser...but it's not safe and you just don't seem to realize that. I get that you didn't get *really* hurt the last time you fell doing something I SPECIFICALLY said not to...but that doesn't mean it's a safe activity.

3) When I tell you not to eat something it's REALLY for your own good.


I know you want Scooby Snack treats and bread and gummy snacks and a myriad of things that you've eaten before but now can't have. I'm SORRY! I know you feel better (you act better) when I'm strict with your diet. When you're old enough to make the connection we'll talk again. Until then, however, I control your foods.

4) There is no Parent Eating Monster in the bathroom


It's okay to let Mommy and Daddy go alone...really.


Anything you'd like to tell your kids? Anything you relate to on here? Share with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...