Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dealing With Fear

So, a moment of bragging, my business has been picking up and doing really well. February I earned close to $250. March I can see a bit of what I'm earning and it's close to $300...my last paycheck kept my family out of the red. (Yes, we probably could have done it ourselves...but that little bit really helped)

It's weird...even though I'm seeing the numbers and seeing the success there's this teeny voice in my head that whispers things to me.

Things like...

You can't do it.


Quit now. You'll never keep this up.


You got lucky. Next time you'll just fail.


You'll never get more than this. 

That voice? Is dead wrong. I know it is.

I bounced this off my husband and he told me it's totally normal. These are the moments that separate successful people and unsuccessful people. Successful people hear that voice and tell it to hush up. (We don't say shut up in my house! lol) Unsuccessful people give in and listen to that voice.

At the beginning of January I put my trust in God. I told Him that if He wanted me to stay in this business to show me, to grow my business, and to help me succeed. He definitely has done that.

Psalm 56:3 says When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. 



So yes, I'm afraid. I have to admit I'm close to terrified. This could be a huge defining moment for our lives. If I continue growing like this, even at a slow pace, my husband won't have to reenlist into the military in 5 years. That would be such a blessing!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Praying you succeed mightily! Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post!

    Found you in the hop! New GFC Follower, Hope you will follow me back!

    http://giveawayhog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...