Monday, June 20, 2011

21 Days of...fail

I signed up to be a leader in the 21 Days of Prayer challenge...

and I failed...miserably.

It's not that I don't pray for my sons. No, I pray daily. I'm just not able to pray the specific prayers. Mine go something like this:

"God give me patience."

"Lord give me peace."

"Jesus help me to like my kids right now."

"Jesus Jesus Jesus calm his tummy and keep him from getting sick (carsick) Jesus Jesus Jesus....."


So, I'm sorry that I've failed you. I'm sorry that I couldn't keep up enough. I knew better than to sign up for something right now.

2 comments:

  1. Kasondra, that is why we have a group going - for support. Even the group leader will need support from time to time. We did not sign up expecting you to be perfect, just to be in a group (at least I know this is true for myself). I know I have not been able to pray the prayers either. God knows our hearts and is there for us. Don't beat yourself up,life happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too hard on yourself. Having 2 little ones is alot of physical work. I think us moms take on too much extra, with good intentions, but we really need to be careful. My boys are older now but I still find I need to be careful and put my mom role toward the top. God hears our prayers even if they are short :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...