Monday, February 7, 2011

Confession Time: I'm a SLOB

 

For those that follow me regularly I know you've seen my before and after cleaning posts so this won't be a huge surprise. I also know that my parents subscribe to this so they won't be surprised either!!

I'm a slob. Really. When I get down and CLEAN I do a great job and it looks awesome. I can also give great cleaning advice. 

However...

I don't live it. I don't do dishes until the sink is screaming for mercy. I put dirty clothes on the floor mere feet from the hamper. I leave the lid off of the peanut butter and a knife sitting beside it. (That last one was for my husband. It's a HUGE pet peeve of his! LOL)

I'm working on The House That Cleans Itself right now. The main premise is that you change the house to fit the behavior. So, if you set your keys on the same spot in the middle of the counter each day DON'T buy a hook because you'll never hang them up! Buy a basket instead. (We got a pretty plate and a basket for mail) 

However...

You can only change a house so much. The groceries won't put themselves away. Dishwashers can't load on their own. So, after you change the house you have to change yourself.

I'm going to keep you posted on my progress and the changes we implement. Keep us in your prayers! It's going to be a bumpy few months.


3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain... I too am a slob :), but it's getting a little better. Believe it or not I am better now than I was before I had kids... I think it's because we'd be completely buried if I didn't do something! I even have someone coming to clean my house once every 2 weeks and that is great... it is the motivation I need to do what I call "push the stuffing back in" before they come to clean the kitchen, floor and bathrooms. Anyway, just want you to know that you're not alone... I should probably pick up that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even need to respond to this, lol. You know my philosophy fairly well, though you may have forgotten my method since Moxie's near death experience months back.

    But as fate would have it, today I am joining the ranks of the house changers. I ripped everything apart (junk drawers, other drawers, bags of miscellaneous stuff, organizers stuffed with cop-out crap, etc.) so now I have to get it all sorted today. Plus I'm cleaning along the way; bleaching sinks, doing laundry, wiping things down, etc. Of course I'm noticing new things to clean everywhere I look, and OF COURSE the instant everything was ripped to sh** I lost all my energy and sat in my recliner. Sigh.

    You leave the peanut butter open? The KNIFE??? AAahhhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting you from The Mob Society. I have never hear of a house that cleans itself...but let me know when you have a manual. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...