Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Price of Love

My boys!!!
You see those boys up there? I love them more than anything. My heart aches when they're sick and hurt. Jonathan has started getting his first teeth and I've cried FOR him because I want to take the pain away.


Which is why this verse cuts me to the core:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.


It's one of those verses that you learn, it's popular to quote, and you never really THINK about it. 


Now that I have kids, I THINK about it. 


If someone told me that I could save a friend from eternal damnation by offering my son to be tortured and killed while I watched I'd tell them they were crazy and walk away....probably to file a restraining order. If you told me it was for a stranger you'd get the same response. And for someone that had been hateful to me? Forget it! There's no way I'd do that. These are my babies! I want them to avoid pain and hardship; I couldn't purposefully put them in front of something like that.

But God did.

To save me, to save you, to save that guy that was rude to you last week...


What verses have you glazed over lately? Go back and really read them...THINK about it!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for speaking from the heart!
    Enjoyed my visit!
    Have a blessed day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so grateful that He made that sacrifice of love for our salvation...His love is amazing.

    joy and blessings to you,
    Alida

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...