Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Who Holds YOU Accountable?

So, I'm doing this month long prayer journey for my sons. Let me tell you, I'm not doing so well... I forget to pray all the time.

If nothing else, we've vowed to try to pray before meals and before bed!

Well, the other night we were all REALLY hungry and started eating before praying. I commented (with a bite on its way to my mouth) "Oh, we forgot to pray." My two year old (well, almost two!) stopped eating and held out his hands for us! All he needed to hear was the word "pray" and he was ready to go! I've seen this during the day too. If I need him to stop and focus (usually during a screaming fit) I'll say, "Do you want to go pray?" and he'll stop and go sit on the floor and wait for me. Sometimes he sits in my lap.

Praise God for children that adore Him! Franklin isn't even old enough to really understand the entire concept...but he's learning that prayer is important!

Pipe Cleaner Headband? Check!

1 comment:

  1. That's so AWESOME! I haven't been remembering either. At least not 10x a day! I'm sure that's what my post will talk about.

    Thank you for your honesty,

    ~Mimi @bigguysmama

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...